HPV Vaccine Already? | spelhouseLove

HPV Vaccine Already?

See how innocent and yummy little mama looks? Then imagine my shock when at the Caterpillar’s eight week appointment I saw her recommended vaccination schedule, and at nine years of age it listed the HPV vaccine. Huh? What? Are nine-year-old’s really having sex? I mean, I know they are in some parts of the world, and either they have really bad parents or completely absent parents, right? But right here, in Collin County Texas, my baby’s pediatrician recommends getting vaccinated against an STD? I was flabbergasted when I saw that. It made me question when should Hubby and I begin the birds and the bees conversation with Gadget. Call me ignorant, but I thought we had more time. This was my cold splash in the face that we in fact do not have plenty of time to procrastinate regarding this matter. In fact, we need to be paying attention to what’s going on in the fourth and fifth grade at Gadget’s school. Have any of you gone through this already? Has was your talk? Have you given your daughter the HPV vaccine? Educate me, please!

Keep Reading

7 Responses to “HPV Vaccine Already?”

1. Erin says:

Gadget might be a little young for “The Talk” but we sat down with our little guy when he was 7 or 8. We kept the talk very simple and scientific, lectured on the physical consequences without naming diseases because we didn’t want to scare our poor buddy, and at the end of it all he said, “Don’t you think I’m a little young for this?”

The answer to that is YES! But I know kids were exploring sexuality in my middle school over 15 years ago, which means if what they say is true — there have to be continual conversations about what it is, what your family deems unacceptable behavior, how to stand up to peer pressure, and how to pick smart and good friends.

Our little guy is only 10 now but we didn’t just have ONE talk. We’ve probably had three or four just about sex but also about choosing friends, drugs, alcohol, smoking, profanity, bullying. Who knows if any of this will work but I think keeping these conversation doors open gives us a little peace of mind. And our guy knows everything is open for conversation many many many times because we don’t want him getting any first time knowledge from anyone but us.

No advice on HPV vaccine. That’s a hard call!

2. Liz says:

I supported and encouraged my stepdaughter’s mother to give her the HPV vaccine when she was 11. We did not, at the time, tell her it was a vaccine against an STD, but told her it was a vaccine to potentially prevent cervical cancer (which is my main concern with HPV, and the main reason this vaccine is so beneficial.) She was NOT sexually active at 11 (nor were, from what I could tell, her classmates) but I was glad to be able to ensure that when does choose to become sexually active (hopefully far, far in the future!!!!) she will be protected.

3. Liz says:

Sorry – I have more to say!!

re the HPV vaccine: on a very personal note: when I was 26, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. I was in a 5+ year loving and committed relationship, but my partner had been an asymptomatic HPV carrier from long before he met me, and passed it to me. I had no other symptoms until I had an irregular pap. If I had gotten the vaccine at age 9, I would not have gotten cervical cancer at age 26.

The vaccine is not about encouraging young girls to have sex, or telling them it is OK if they do. Of course it not! It’s about protecting our girls against a cancer that is deadly. A vast majority of men have HPV and have NO idea. There are NO symptoms for them. The statistics of men unknowingly passing this on to the women they love and respect are staggering. This vaccine has been a godsend for women.

4. Beth says:

Hi! What a beautiful baby girl.

But back to your question. I would never give the Gardasil or Cervarix (HPV) vaccine to my child. Please google Gardasil side effects or go to the Sanevax website to learn more about the fainting, seizures, ITP, death due to blood clots, and frightening neurological disorders similar to ALS, that young girls are experiencing post vaccination. http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/12/post-gardasil-syndrome-in-quebec-followed-vaccination-sans-consent.html

There is a Wall Street Journal article that mentioned Gardasil vials are tainted with charred plastic shrink wrap, too. The manufacturer stated they will correct the problem when they use up the packing material, and no sooner, as they don’t think it can cause harm to inject charred plastic shrink wrap into a child. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904888304576474562508701184.html

There is viral HPV DNA contamination in this vaccine as well. Please be sure and do your own independent research on the HPV vaccines prior to giving your consent for your child to have it. Oh, and each Gardasil shot (in a three shot series) contains 225 mcg of aluminum. Aluminum is a known neurotoxin. All the best to you and to your beautiful daughter.

5. toni bark says:

Liz, I am sorry you were dx’d with cervical cancer at age 26. Most adults are exposed to HPV via sexual contacts and 95% do not develop even precancerous lesions. the remaining 5% are a mix of precanceous lesions which require a leap procedure or nutritional protocols to boost immunity. I have never seen anyone fail this, and have never seen anyone prgress to cervical cancer in spite of pap smear screening. paps smears are the single best cancer screen we have. the vaccine is very risky for many and the immunity is very short lived, on average 3-5 yrs only. the aluminum adjuvant ha killed and damaged many and the studies on the adjuvant show it to be a dangerous poison. condoms and pap smears come with no risk.

6. Cheyenne says:

Please watch the documentary The Greater Good and look at videos on YouTube if young girls who are now severely disabled from the vaccine. The main research and developement Dr who worked on the vaccine has come out against it. Please research!

7. Ariel says:

I haven’t much to say regarding the vaccination issue, save for I’m against the heavy push by pharmaceutical companies to (over-)vaccinate children. There is not sufficient research to determine the effects of many vaccines. e.g. Autism

Really, I just wanted to tell you, again, that you have such a gorgeous daughter! She is the most adorable baby and she looks so happy! She certainly dispels the myth that two attractive people cannot give birth to good-looking offspring. You have three GAP models!