Our Quiver | spelhouseLove

1 Life, 100 Goals (the whole list)

Every year in December I have made a list of the things I want to accomplish for the year, but they are short term goals. These 100 goals are stretch goals. Some are short term, and several are long term and may take a lifetime to complete. Setting these goals requires me to really check my motivation in a lot of areas.

Why am I doing this? Well, since faith is the evidence of things hoped for, I need to write down the things that I hope for. If I don’t have a God-ordained plan for myself, I will follow the plan my job has laid for me, or my spouse or my children have for me, and it won’t be my own plan.

Here is the criteria for my goals:
No over-spiritualized goals. I want my goals to reflect spirituality, but not spell it out. The goals should also demonstrate my discipline and stewardship, be specific, include others, bring me joy and honor God.

Family Goals

17. Teach our children how to golf
18. Generate enough passive income to retire at 50
19. Teach our children to be chaste but not ignorant about sexuality
20. Have children fluent in another language
21. Dialogue consistently again
22. Raise children excited about reading
23. Publish a family annual report (with balance sheets and all!)
24. Let the children manage the family budget
25. Support the Dual-Degree Engineering Program with an annual Victor scholarship
26. Create a charitable Victor Foundation

50. Take family to Oktoberfest in Helen, Georgia
51. Dogsled in the arctic
52. Play the didgeridoo in Australia

Physical Goals

53. Compete on the Amazing Race with hubby
54. Take Pilates, jazz & African dance classes every year
55. Maintain a healthly BMI (18.5-24.9)
56. Learn to surf
57. Do the splits
59. Have the ability to do 20 pull-ups every year
60. Have six pack abs
61. Go natural (my hair, that is)
62. Complete a high ropes course

95. Read 500 HBS case reports
96. Teach public speaking
97. Market a $1B product
98. Teach a high school Physics class
99. Have monthly blog pageviews of +100K
100. Obtain an honorary degree

20 Responses to “1 Life, 100 Goals (the whole list)”

1. Jossane Kerrice Felix says:

Hi Jolawn,

You already are a Mini Michelle Obama so no worries there, when you meet her she may feel she is meeting her mirror image!

Great aspirations especially for the children.

You can achieve all of your goals because you and your hubby are a dynamic couple and I know you will both get it done! I’m looking forward to hearing more as time goes along and you’ve started to check things as “done” on the list.

I am looking forward to the baby girl and also seeing your hair natural! My hair is natural right now due to circumstances, but it’s not so bad once someone else is combing it! LOL Fabulous!

Lots of love.

Jossane

2. Tibs says:

That’s a truly awesome list. In addition, what a significant and definitive challenge. Is there a deadline by which you would like your readers to submit their 100 goals? All the best as you achieve your goals.

3. No deadline. It took me a while to get my thoughts straight around my goals. If you want a deadline I could give you til the end of the month (October)?

4. Tibs says:

A month is a good target; I’ll definetely start working on that. If it’s OK, i’ll present this challenge to a couple of my friends as well. Thanks!

5. [...] to 2010! From my 100 Life Goals, I have chosen a group to work on and and an even smaller group I hope to complete. I am not sure [...]

6. Cocoa Platinum says:

Hey Lady! This is Rashida B. I am amazed by your list… I made a list by hand a few years ago but it is not as extensive. I’ll definitely have to work on expanding mine and dreaming bigger!! They say write the vision and make it plain and you have done that!! Thank you for sharing your light – it really does help mine to shine brighter. MANY BLESSINGS to you and your family. Congrats on the baby girl on the way:D

7. Nakeya Richardson says:

I love this!! I am going to create a list as well. You have a beautiful family! Congrats on your baby girl! Take care and God bless! :)

8. [...] (Inspired by spelhouselove.com’s 100 life goals) [...]

9. [...] have been working on my 100 life goals after being inspired by Spelhouse Love and knew that refreshing my reading list was definitely a goal. During undergrad, I challenged [...]

10. Sangeeta Kodukula says:

HI Jolawn! I had a great time meeting you at brunch today! I enjoyed reading your blog, and you inspired me to revisit my list of goals! Take care!

11. I had a great time, too! So glad you were inspired!

12. Jolawn,
    You’re well on your way to making all of these goals a reality! Keep up the great work!
    Best,
    Sojourner

13. star says:

very organized goals

14. khairul says:

Hi from Malaysia, your 100 life goals are really helpful.
    I am doing mine still. It has become a reference to me for such ‘concrete’ and ‘definite’ life goals.

Again, Thanks!

15. Lexi says:

Though I’m not really religious, I just stumbled across your blog and I love it. I love the design and your goal list in particular. You seem very focused and dedicated. Keep up the amazing work! And by the way, your family is gorgeous!

16. Hi there,

So glad you found the blog! Appreciate your compliments!

17. Kimberly says:

I love your Goals..I don’t know you but you truly inspired me.

18. Hi Kimberly,

Thank you. That is very sweet of you to share.

19. i think i may need to steal this idea and come up with one for myself…all of these are awesome awesome awesome!! your blog totally inspires me!

20. [...] four years ago, I wrote 100 Life Goals I want to complete during my lifetime. The goals are divvied up into five categories: family, [...]